(Begin with 1-2 minutes of silence)
What does your prayer life look like? Are you more likely to pray for specific things you want or need, or are you more likely to pray that you and others would come to know God in a deeper way?
In Colossians Chapter 1, The Life Application Study Bible provides some tremendous insight on how the Apostle Paul prayed for the Christians in Colosse. Here’s what it says:
How to Pray for Other Christians:
- Thank God for their faith and changed lives (1:3).
- Ask God to help them know his will (1:9).
- Ask God to give them spiritual wisdom and understanding (1:9).
- Ask God to help them live in a way that honors and pleases him (1:10).
- Ask God to give them more knowledge of himself (1:10).
- Ask God to give them strength for endurance and patience (1:11).
- Ask God to fill them with joy and thankfulness (1:11-12).
READING & PRAYERS:
QUESTION: What steps can you begin to take so that you pray for other Christians in the way Paul did?
QUESTION: Will you join us at SRC in praying in these ways for those who are preparing to begin a new church in Bridgeport in 2023?
Take a Step: Remember to continue utilizing the One Minute Pause app throughout the week. If possible, begin to explore and practice the 3, 5 or 10 minute pause to more deeply root yourself in Christ.
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, today’s devotional is a stark reminder that my prayers are often me-focussed while the Apostle Paul prayed with an others-focussed mentality. Help me grow in praying specifically for others in the same ways Paul prayed for others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
(End with 1-2 minutes of silence)