(Begin with 1-2 minutes of silence)
A lot of people may believe that the opposite of love is hate. But the Scriptures speak much more about fear than hate. And honestly, fear is a major barrier to trusting that God will accomplish immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine within us. Just think of some things we may be afraid of if we have more trust in God than in ourselves…
- We’re afraid to give up control.
- We’re afraid that by fully trusting Him, He may ask us to do something outside our comfort zone.
- We’re afraid that by trusting His work within us, we may discover something about ourselves we don’t like.
- We’re afraid that we’re not good enough, or significant enough, or worthy enough, or successful enough to be rooted in His love.
- We may even fear that we’re going to do something that’s going to bring His wrath and judgment upon us. But God’s wrath and judgment for us was already poured out on Jesus Christ. And by trusting in Him, we are now In Christ and we can trust that He has and will continue to accomplish immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine within us.
READING & PRAYERS:
What would you say is your greatest fear to fully trusting God in every area of your life? Where do you think this fear comes from?
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I am reminded today that the number one command spoken by Jesus was “Be not afraid.” Continue to help me remember that I do not to be afraid to trust You and to experience Your grace, love, and mercy in my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
(End with 1-2 minutes of silence)