Introduction to Part II of this Message Series
A Note from Pastor Justin:
Throughout this message series, we’ve taken the opportunity to emphasize that our beliefs lead to our values and ultimately to our behaviors. As we continue this series, I’d like to encourage you to continue to self-examine your beliefs, taking time to reflect on what you actually believe, and the impact those beliefs have on how you live.
Belief – What do I actually believe?
Value – How does this belief impact my values?
Behaviors – How does this belief impact my behaviors?
As we begin this series, let me encourage you to take a few important steps:
- Write out the Apostles’ Creed on your own (this exercise is part of Day 1 of this Reading Guide). As you write it out, ask yourself, Is this really what I believe? Also take the opportunity to write down any questions you may have about the Apostles’ Creed or the Christian faith.
- Commit to joining us every week of this series.
- Commit to reading through this Reading Guide, reflecting and journaling through the questions provided within each daily reading.
- Use a good Study Bible and/or other resources as you read through this Reading Guide. Refer to https://southridgeblog.com/study-bible-info for more information on many excellent Study Bibles available today. Some suggestions include:
- NLT (or NIV) Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition
- NIV Zondervan Study Bible
- ESV Study Bible
- Write down questions you have about what you’re reading, and take opportunities to seek out answers to those questions.