The Devotional & Scripture Reading Guide for SRC will only include the F260 Reading throughout the Summer months of 2019.
F260 Reading: 2 Corinthians 9-10
After reading 1-2 Chapters of Scripture, Highlight the verses that speak to you by writing out the following:
- Write down the name of the book.
- Write down the Chapter and verses.
- Write down a 1-3 word title (eg. Why does this passage speak to me?)
Engage with the text and wrestle with its meaning. Some possible questions to consider include:
- Who was the passage written to?
- Why was it written?
- How does it fit in with surrounding verses?
- What may God be communicating through this passage?
Consider how you may be able to apply the text in Real Life. Some possible questions to consider include:
- How can this passage help me?
- How can I apply this passage in my life today?
- What is God saying to me?
Finally, respond to God. This can be done in any number of ways, but make it sincere.
- Write out a prayer (eg. Ask God to help you become more loving, or grace-filled, or content, etc.)
- Sing, write a poem, paint, sketch, take a photo, or find some other creative way to respond to God.
- Commit to a certain action.
- Who is God inviting me to be?