DAILY: (5 Days a Week)
- Read the daily reading and answer the Daily Questions.
- Follow the H.E.A.R. Bible Study Method (or engage with the Scriptures using another method of your choice).
Note: The F260 Reading is an additional Scripture Reading for those who want to read the foundational passages of Scripture throughout the year. SRC has been printing this plan from September 2018 through present day, so the current plan will conclude August 30, 2019.
Reading: JOHN 3
F260 Reading: Matthew 6
After reading 1-2 Chapters of Scripture, Highlight the verses that speak to you by writing out the following:
- Write down the name of the book.
- Write down the Chapter and verses.
- Write down a 1-3 word title (eg. Why does this passage speak to me?)
Engage with the text and wrestle with its meaning. Some possible questions to consider include:
- Who was the passage written to?
- Why was it written?
- How does it fit in with surrounding verses?
- What may God be communicating through this passage?
Consider how you may be able to apply the text in Real Life. Some possible questions to consider include:
- How can this passage help me?
- How can I apply this passage in my life today?
- What is God saying to me?
Finally, respond to God. This can be done in any number of ways, but make it sincere.
- Write out a prayer (eg. Ask God to help you become more loving, or grace-filled, or content, etc.)
- Sing, write a poem, paint, sketch, take a photo, or find some other creative way to respond to God.
- Commit to a certain action.
- Who is God inviting me to be?
- Watch one or more of the Bible Project videos.
- Check out this link for information on some of the popular study bibles available today.
- Right Now Media has a ton of resources on how to study the Bible. If you do not already have access to Right Now Media, go to southridgechurch.net, click on “Connect” and then scroll down to “Grow Thru Bible Based Learning.” Once there, you can create a Right Now Media (RNM) account, providing you free access to hundreds of Bible Studies!
One Reply to “Why Read the Bible? – Day 3”
Thank you for sharing this! I love The Whole Story videos they have. I have not seen this breakdown yet. Very helpful!