Day 2: Role & Qualifications of a Pastor
BIBLICAL ROLE OF THE PASTORS
- What can you expect from your pastors?
- The pastors are committed to leading by example.
- The pastors are committed to feeding (teaching) and leading (equipping) the church.
- The pastors are committed to refuting wrong doctrine.
- The pastors are committed to managing the church of God.
- The pastors are committed to praying for the sick.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PASTOR
(1 Timothy 3:2-7 & Titus 1:9)
Husband of One Wife
Able to Teach
Not addicted to Wine
Free From the Love of Money
Manage Own Household
Not a New Convert
Good Reputation with Outsiders
Not Quick Tempered
Loves What Is Good
Holding Fast the Faithful Word
In what ways do the qualifications of a Pastor help ensure church unity and spiritual growth among church members?
What questions, if any, came to mind as you read through 1 Corinthians 4:1-13, 1 Timothy 3:2-7, & Titus 1:9
F260 READING: (A Scripture Reading Plan for Busy Believers)
Read: Isaiah 44 & 45
Reflect: What did you H.E.A.R. from God today? HEAR Bible Study Method
PRAYER: On your own, take the opportunity to pray for your spouse, or another loved one. The following outline may be helpful.
Four Prayers for Your Spouse or Another Loved One:
- Thank God for the miracle of your spouse and marriage or the loved one in your life.
- Thank God for any way in which your spouse or loved one has changed your life.
- Commit your spouse’s or loved one’s future to the Lord.
- Ask God for help in figuring out what your part in that future may be.
Click here if you would like to provide feedback to help us make the daily devotional and scripture reading guide even better.