Here at SRC, we’ve learned a few things about couples through the years. For example…
- 2/3 of All Couples would like a Mentor Couple to interact with, even when their relationship is going well.
- 9/10 of All Couples would like a Mentor Couple to interact with, especially during challenging seasons in their marriage.
- All couples learn in a variety of ways, and they all want to take steps forward in their marriage. Sometimes they’re just not sure how.
This is why we’re very excited to begin a new ministry at SRC – Real Marriage.The Real Marriage ministry is designed from the ground up, helping couples grow in their Friendship, Unity, and Intimacy. In other words, it’s holistic in nature, focusing on every aspect of the marriage relationship.
How does it work? Good question.
We’re going to begin offering some things at SRC we’ve never offered before. For example:
- Large Groups – South Ridge Church will begin hosting three Real Marriage Events a year. These events are typically held in January, June, and October and are specifically designed to help couples take information about marriage and turn it into intimacy and oneness in their relationship. For 2015, we’ll have a Friday evening event in June booked soon. But we already have a Weekend Event planned for October 23-24, right here at SRC!
- Community Groups – SRC Community Groups often discuss the same topic as the Weekend Message. And because we offer at least one Marriage-themed message series a year, all groups will be encouraged to discuss the subject of marriage within their group. Additional Life Group studies specific for wives, husbands, or couples may be available throughout the year as well. The goal of each group is to help couples apply a selfless, Christ-like love within their marriage.
- Mentoring – The heart of the Real Marriage ministry is in mentoring. Whether a couple is engaged and planning to be married in the months ahead, or they have been married for many years, mentoring is a way to help all couples focus holistically on their relationship.
Is anything happening right now? YES!
Marriage mentoring is now available at SR!. In most cases, couples meet with a mentor couple once a week for eight weeks to discuss various aspects of their relationship. If you have any interest in receiving mentoring, you may contact the church office any time.
We also have a Discussion Group for Women beginning soon. The group will be discussing a book by Sheila Gregoire, “The Good Girls Guide to Great Sex.” It’s a great opportunity for wives to discuss a Biblical view of intimacy in marriage. If you have any interest in participating, please contact the church office soon to register.
We’re excited to begin this new ministry at SRC, and we look forward to working alongside many couples in the years to come.